We are pleased to announce that the first Summer School in Topological Algebra and Functional Analysis organized by the Ivan Franko Lviv National University will be held on 22–31 July, 2003 in the village Kozeva (20 km from Skole) in Ukrainian Carpathian Mountains. The aim of the School is to support talented ukrainian students and post-graduates who are interested in fundamental mathematical research in fields related to Topological Algebra or Functional Analysis and supply them with the newest information concerning the current status of these fields.
PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AMONG YOUR COLLEAGUES AND STUDENTS WHO MAY BE INTERESTED.
The Summer School has the following main components.
* Invariant subspace and scalar+compact problems for operators in Banach spaces - A.Plichko (Kirovograd)
* On sequential properties of dual unit ball in weak* topology - A.Plichko (Kirovograd)
* Integration in Banach spaces: selected topics - V.Kadets (Kharkiv)
* Asymptotic Topology - M.Zarichnyi (Lviv)
* Asymptotic Spaces - I.Protasov (Kyiv)
* Interplay between separate and joint continuity of functions of several variables - V.K.Maslyuchenko (Chernivtsi)
* Dimension Theory - T.Radul (Lviv)
* Banach Algebras - A.Zagorodnyuk (Lviv)
*Complexity Theory and its Applications - O.Verbitskyi (Lviv-Kyiv)
* Methods of Modern Set Theory in Topology and Analysis - T.Banakh (Lviv)
Writing: preferably English.
The School will take place at the Internat of the Kozeva school whose capacity
imposes an upper bound at 45 participants. The village Kozeva is situated
near the Beskydy Mountains and there are many picturesque hills
(Parashka (1268m), Kreminna (1135m), Vysokyj Verh (1176m))
around. There is a small river and a swimming pool near the Internat.
It is planned to spend one day for mountain hiking.
ACCOMMODATION + RECREATION ACTIVITY
The registration fee + accommodation +
board consists of 130 Uhr (150 Uhr for accompanying persons).
Those interested in participating in the summer school (both listeners and lecturers) should apply by sending an e-mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (and copy to "email@example.com") with the following information:
* Full Name
* Research interests
* Selected scientific publications
* The topics of survey lectures you desire to listen at the Summer School
* Contact information (postal address, e-mail address, phone number)
* The name of scientific supervisor (for students)
* Accompanying persons (if any)
* Willingness to give a lecture or a short talk on his/her research. If yes, please send a title and a short abstract of the talk (up to 1 page typed in LaTeX in the standard article style).
**If you desire to deliver a longer talk or a series of survey lectures we would ask you to prepare some lecture notes (in LaTeX) which will be published before the start of Summer School for convenience of listeners.
** It would be also nice if you could send us a list of problems (prepared in LaTeX) which will be distributed among the participant for possible discussion during the School.
** Also we ask you to take any mathematical literature that can be gifted to the library of Kozeva school.
Deadline for applications: April 15, 2003
Deadline for sending abstracts: May 15, 2003
Phone: (0322) 74-03-52
Ja.G. Prytula (Dean of Mech.-Math. Faculty, Ivan Franko Lviv National University; tel: (0322)74-11-07)
Taras Banakh (Ivan Franko Lviv National University; email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Andrij Zagorodnyuk (IAPMM and Lviv National University; email: email@example.com)