We are pleased to announce that the Third Summer School in Algebra, Analysis and Topology organized by the Ivan Franko Lviv National University and Pidstryhach Institute for Applied Problems of Mechanics and Mathematics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine will be held on 9 – 20 August, 2005 in village Kozyova of Lviv Region.
The aim of the School is to support talented ukrainian students and post-graduates who are interested in fundamental mathematical research in fields related to Set Theory, Algebra, Topology, Functional Analysis or Function Theory and supply them with the newest information concerning the current status of research in these fields.
PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AMONG YOUR COLLEAGUES AND STUDENTS WHO MAY BE INTERESTED.
The Summer School has the following main components.
At the moment the following lecturers agreed to deliver series of lectures on the School (the final program will be given in a subsequent circular):
- Local-Global Principle in Algebraic Geometry - V. Andriichuk (Lviv)
- Set Theory and Games - T. Banakh (Lviv)
- Almost Periodic Objects in Complex Analysis - S. Favorov (Kharkiv)
- Asymptotic expanders and Ramanujan graphs - R.Grigorchuk (Texas A&M University, U.S.A.)
- Alexander Doniphan Wallace: The Founder of the Theory of Topological Semigroups - I. Guran (Lviv) and O. Gutik (Lviv)
- Pseudoholomorphic curves in symplectic and complex geometry - Serhiy Ivashkovych (Lille-Lviv)
- Shift and Derivation in Hardy Classes of Infinitely Many Variables - O. Lopushanskyi (Lviv-Krakow)
- Connections between Separate and Joint Properties of Functions for Several Variables - V. Maslyuchenko (Chernivtsi)
- Cohomology of Semigroups - B. Novikov (Kharkiv)
- Link Diagrams and S-Graphs - L. Plachta (Lviv)
- Ramsey Methods in Banach Spaces - A. Plichko (Kirovograd-Krakow)
- Some Lectures on Asymptology - I. Protasov (Kyiv)
- Mathematics in Lviv (20th-30th of XX Century) - Ya. Prytula (Lviv)
- Topology of Vector Fields - V. Sharko (Kyiv)
- Some Problems of Extension Theory - O. Storozh (Lviv)
- Category, Functors and Monads - M. Zarichnyi (Lviv)
Writing: preferably English.
The School will take place at the Internat of
Kozyova whose capacity imposes an upper bound at 50 participants. The village
Kozyova is situated near the Beskydy Mountains and there are many picturesque
hills around. It is planned to spend one day for mountain hiking.
ACCOMMODATION + RECREATION ACTIVITY
registration fee + accommodation + board consists of 250 UHr.
Those interested in participating in the summer school (both listeners and lecturers) should apply by sending an e-mail to <mailto:%firstname.lastname@example.org> (and copy to <mailto:%email@example.com>) with the following information:
* Full Name
* Research interests
* Selected scientific publications
* The topics of survey lectures you desire to listen at the Summer School
* Contact information (postal address, e-mail address, phone number)
* The name of scientific supervisor (for students)
* Accompanying persons (if any)
* Willingness to give a lecture or a short talk on his/her research. If yes, please send a title and a short abstract of the talk (up to 1 page typed in LaTeX in the standard article style).
**If you desire to deliver a longer talk or a series of survey lectures we would ask you to prepare some lecture notes (in LaTeX) which will be published before the start of Summer School for convenience of listeners.
** It would be also nice if you could send us a list of problems (prepared in LaTeX) which will be distributed among the participants for possible discussion during the School.
** Also we ask you to take any mathematical literature that can be gifted to the library of Kozyova Internat.
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2005
Deadline for sending abstracts: July 1, 2005
Phone: (0322) 64-00-69, 296-42-18, 65-19-18
Mykhailo Zarichnyi (Dean of Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty, Ivan Franko Lviv National University; tel: (0322) 74-11-07)
Igor Guran (Vice-Dean of Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty, Ivan Franko Lviv National University; tel: (0322) 74-11-07)
Yaroslav Prytula (Professor, Ivan Franko Lviv National University)
Oleg Gutik (Senior Researcher of Pidstryhach Institute for Applied Problems of Mechanics and Mathematics, and Associate Professor of Ivan Franko Lviv National University; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: (0322) 64-00-69, 65-19-18, 296-42-18)